FREEDOM 7 SENIOR COMMUNITY CENTER, Inc.
a 501(c)3 Non Profit Corporation
5000 TOM WARRINER BLVD
(Located inside the Cocoa Beach Country Club)
COCOA BEACH FL 32931
Open Monday thru Thursday
Office opens at 9am
Judy Brandon, Executive Director
Welcome to the Freedom 7 Senior Community Center Website
Please scroll to read the history, special events, regular weekly activities, and our present Perk's Partners List - local businesses which offer discounts to current Freedom 7 Senior Community Center members
Membership is still only $10 Individual - $15 per Couple
Memberships - along with fundraisers - are critical funding.
We are not a government organization and although we occasionally receive grants and donations - we do not currently have a regular source of funding.
We were founded by Mary Louise "Mother" Morgan and officially became a 501 ( c ) 3 Non Profit 30 years ago, signed by (then)Secretary of State, George Firestone, March 28, 1984 originally as
Freedom Seven Senior Citizens Community Center
Now... 30 years later - still the local, grassroots, private, Non Profit with the same mission statement "to provide wellness, educational, social and recreational activities (primarily) for seniors in Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island - but open to adults of all ages and from all areas.
The members volunteer, teach, lead, help with all aspects of running F7.
Your memberships and small donations for various activities, plus your attendance at bigger fundraisers - truly enables us to stay operational.
We long for our own home one day but our "temporary home" since 2005 - is still inside the Cocoa Beach Country Club Auditorium - Monday thru Thursday - as well as the adjoining hall and kitchenette, plus Admin Office backstage.
Please visit this website often to stay updated on weekly activities; special events; fundraisers; & your local merchants and restaurants providing
discounts/perks to current Freedom 7 card members.
Call anytime , for any reason. If we are closed leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we return.
**ANNUAL RUMMAGE SALE**SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15TH 9AM-1PM-Cocoa Beach Country Club Auditorium. There are many ways that you can participate in our fundraiser. Clean out your closets, declutter the mancave , Tidy up the Garage and donate item to us!(tax deductible). Rent a table from us and SELL your items...OR...Come a shop..Please give us a call 321-783-9505 for more information. Plenty of parking and bathrooms!! Free attendance, open to everyone.
***THE DATE HAS BEEN SET...FOR OUR ANNUAL FUNDRAISER...FEBRUARY, FRIDAY THE 13TH.."HEART" NIGHT IN THE CITY..MARK YOUR 2015 CALENDAR!**DETAILS WILL BE FORTHCOMING..**
Please see the listings as follows: Upcoming Special Events; Regular Weekly Activities; Perks List (Businesses and Restaurants who provide a perk or discount to current F7 Card Members)
***Please Vote on November 4th!***
Lunch and Learn: Truth about Laser Treatment for Pain: Join Dr Terry Shepherd speak on the healing benefits, costs and facts: all lasers are not created equal. November 11th Tuesday at 12noon, please RSVP to 321-783-9505 or email email@example.com
9th Annual Fundraiser Rummage Sale Saturday November 15th
Come and Shop! Sell your STUFF, new or old, rent a table , or Donate your items..tax deductible. Here at The Cocoa Beach Country Club call or email for more info.321-783-9505 or firstname.lastname@example.org...Tables still available!Still accepting donations!
Lunch and Learn:Take the Natural Approach to Digestive Problems:Dr Sylvie Moran will give you information to deal/heal with indigestion, constipation, diarrhea and irritable bowel..All the fun stuff! Tuesday November 18th at 12noon. A light healthy lunch will be provided. please RSVP to 321-783-9505 or email email@example.com
Make and Take Event from Thera Pure Oils-featuring do Terra Essential Oils: *Wednesday* November 19th, 10:30am-12:30pm. Stop by and create a fragrance, healing oil (allergy , wellness, focus blends, etc.) all in a roller bottle for easy application. Cost is $3-$7 per item, and admission is free!Great Gift idea! No RSVP needed, but you can call or email for more information 321-783-9505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch and Learn: November 20th Thursday @ 11:30am: Join our Travel Guy, Lee Rosenkranz and Collette Travel Vacations for a Special Presentation and Slide Show. Learn the ins and outs of group travel, cost sharing and single traveler savings. Please RSVP to 321-783-9505 or email email@example.com
Lunch and Learn: Holiday Blues and Emotional Health : Tuesday November 25th @12noon. Sunshine Health Care Solutions, Dr. Jeffery Saluck , speak on how to have a true "Happy Holiday Season". A great time to come down be social ,have a bite to eat and start easing the stress! Please RSVP..
Please rsvp for all Tuesday events to 321-783-9505 or firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you and see you at the Center!
Check this list again soon - updates coming for: Health & Wellness presentations; catered luncheons; brown bag lunches; pot luck socials.
Read on for the current regular weekly activity schedule
Current Weekly Activities
9:30am cost is $3 for members/$5 for non.
- Mah Jongg and Bridge lessons are taught sporadically through out the year - usually in 6 or 8 week sessions.
Call office to get on the list and when we have enough sign ups will give you a call and start the class!
Travel Desk: 11:00am - Noon, talk with Lee Rosenkranz about upcoming trips: Freedom 7 Members get a discount on travel.
Party Bridge/Rubber Bridge: Lessons Begin at 10am and play at 12 Noon (sign in 11:30am)
Mah Jongg: 12 Noon (sign in at 11:30am)
Pinochle: Noon to 4p ($1 Members/$2 Non Members)
9:30am cost is $3 for members/$5 for non.
- Bone Builders Class starts July 22nd @10am:FREE senior stength training, lift light weights and work on balance.This is a begining class and will be starting without weights at first class for safety reasons.Offered twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays.Pre- Registration is required, please call 321-631-2749.
- Introduction Computer Class Windows 7:Stay Tuned, time and dates to be announced, call now to get on the list when instructor becomes available. $35 Members/$45 Non Members*(join F7 - only $10 annually - and save!!)Call today and put your name on the list.
- We can schedule Scrabble, Dominoes, Rummy Cube, and more - call to get your name on list and we will coordinate.
Hand and Foot (Canasta)at 11am, new and fun for F7Join in members pay only $1/non members $2
Yarn/Crochet Club at 11am...learn how, get help with a project...supplies will be provided, cost is $2 and coffee and tea are free!
Wednesday's (and Tuesday's)are used often for special events such as speakers, luncheons, wellness presentations...please see the special events section of the website or the hardcopy flier. Call office to inquire or reserve.
RSVP required for seating and planning 783-9505.
- Bone Builders Class starts July 22nd @10am:FREE senior stength training, lift light weights and work on balance.This is a begining class and will be starting without weights at first class for safety reasons.Offered twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays.Pre-Registration is required, please call 321-631-2749.
- Learn to Crochet or Bring your current project in for help! Estella will teach or consult with you..or just come and hang out! 10:30am $1 for Members/$2 for non members**Classes will resume in the fall, give me a call for details**
- Pinochle - 12noon - 3pm (Play Wednesday, instead of Thursday the first week of the month ,September thru April)
(Bring a snack or lunch)
- Thursday mornings are available for workshops, lectures, club ect...contact me and we will make it happen!
Check back soon for more special events
Membership has Perks!!
Here is a partial list of area restaurants and merchants who offer discounts/benefits to present year card members. Membership with Freedom 7 runs October to October and still is only $10 Individual/$15 per Couple (Renewal for everyone is due every October regardless of what month you join.) Your membership helps support Freedom 7.
Please show your cards when visiting the following establishments and remember the discount is for the cardholder only.
- Air, Land, & Sea Travel ... small free gift with any cruise or tour booking.
- Beach Animal Hospital - 15% discount on initial office visit
- Beef O'Brady's Cocoa Beach 15% Off - Excluding Alcohol, and not valid with any other special or discounts.
- Captain J's Ocean Deck Restaurant & Beach Club 20% Off
- Cocoa Beach Health & Fitness 50% off enrollment & discount monthly dues (or an even better discount special at that time)
- Computer Tutor John Kellogg (in home sessions, private lessons, reasonable rates)
321-501-9813 FREE anti-virus security cd with first one hour or more paid session
- DAYAWAYTRAVELCLUB - Florida Greeters..discounts on trips.
- Florida's Seafood Bar & Grill 10% off food bill.
- Friday's - Merrit Island location ONLY (T.G.I.Friday's Merritt Island) EXCLUDES "3 Course Menu" & not valid with other offers or discounts - $5 Off $15 Purchase.
- For Any Occasion Catering 15% off catering
321-459-1673 Merritt Island
- Home Aide of Florida..Helping Senior with errands, shopping, cleaning, appointments-$10 off first service 321-480-7369
- Moves/Estate Sales: Senior Moves provided - Caring Transitions #321-610-8952 $10 off of the price of a Senior Move / $25 off Estate Sale
- Old Fish House 10% off
- Pizza Hut Cocoa Beach 10% off
- Roberto's Little Havana 10% off
- Ron Jon Surf Shop 10% off EXCLUDING Oakley/Maui Jim/All Surfboards (because mark up is very low on boards in the first place)/sale items. Cannot combine with any other discounts.
- Rusty's at the Port 20% off
- Sonny's Barbeque 10% off purchase Cocoa Beach Location only
- Strater Family Chiropractic - Cocoa Beach 321-866-0200 $35 Initial Exam (Normally $95)
- Subway Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral locations 10% Off
Not valid on the $5 Footlongs or other discounted items
- T.G.I.Friday's Merritt Island (Friday's) EXCLUDES "3 Course Menu" & not valid with other offers or discounts - $5 Off $15 Purchase. 321-459-1700